Twin Sample™ Biopsy Needle
The Twin Sample biopsy needle harvests two tissue samples in one pass, one for conventional pathology and the second for molecular diagnosis. If the pathologist finds tumor tissue in the first biopsy, the second sample can be dissected to provide matching tissue for testing in the molecular assay.
Two samples from one pass, one for pathology and one for your lab.
- Operates like a conventional biopsy needle – no training needed.
- Available in typical lengths and gauges
- Two gauges larger than conventional needle:
16G Twin Sample yields two samples equivalent to 18G conventional needle
- ASCUT disposable automatic actuator or prepared for Bard or other gun
- Echogenic centimeter markings and tip
- Smooth, symmetrical tip guides easily
Manufactured for Epitome Pharmaceuticals to the highest standards by Kaneko MediX in Japan. Actuators, packaging, sterilization, and worldwide distribution are provided by Gallini Medical Devices of Italy. FDA 510(k) and CE Mark, December 2013. Patent issued in Japan. Patent pending in USA and European Union.
To request a quotation call toll free (855) 373-8663
or +1 (902) 492-1814
(rest of world), or visit
Twin Sample Biopsy Needle Brochure
Complications and needle gauge, a review of the literature
Paul T. Wegener, Epitome Pharmaceuticals Limited